Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
A subscriber can unsubscribe from our services at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of an email from us or contacting us directly.
Comments and alerts
If you choose to submit a public comment on this website, you will be asked to provide your name and email address. These details are stored on the website, provided by WordPress, along with your comment. Your email address is never displayed publicly and passed to a third party, but may be used to contact you about your comment.
If you sign-up to receive email notifications when follow-up comments are posted, we will use the information you give us to provide the services you have requested only. Should you wish to cancel your details and inform us on this, your details shall be deleted from our records.
When you sign-up for one of our events, we will ask for the information we need for that specific event. We will probably ask for your name, email address, job title and organisation, however, we may ask for other information such as a pre-event survey etc. We will only ever ask you for information we need to deliver a successful event and the information collected will be to ensure we can give the best event experience possible.
We may use this data to share information with you, either before or after the event has taken place.
CfS follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, CfS uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that CfS has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (with effect from May 25th 2018) the General Protection Regulation (the Act), the data controller is us, CFS. This means that we are responsible for deciding how to hold and use personal information about you.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
CfS does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee the compliance with this privacy notice.
This policy was last updated on 01/10/20.